Do you have BI (business intelligence) tool experience?
Do you love building out data visualizations/visual graphics for stakeholders?
Do you have extremely high detail to reporting & analytics?
Are you looking for a new opportunity to join a GREAT work culture, with room to grow and plenty of work to go around?
Are you a team player with a hunger to grow and make a difference?
Then this might be just the opportunity for you!
Here at Fairway, we strongly believe the way we do things is just as important as what we do. Our Core Values define how we work together as team, support individual growth, and guide us in determining how we can best serve our customers, team members and communities. As a member of our Corporate Reporting & Analytics team, YOU can be a difference maker!
The BI Dashboard Developer works closely with the VP of Reporting & Analytics to design, develop and maintain business intelligence solutions including data visualization dashboards and other technical modeling solutions for small projects within the organization as directed by the Reporting & Analytics VP. They execute data analysis, validation and querying as needed. (NOTE: This is a 100% remote role. Qualified candidates MUST have previous BI Tool experience. Previous mortgage/financial industry experience preferred.)
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide data extraction, reports, dashboards, and analysis and consultation services across organization for small to mid-sized projects.
- Work with Reporting & Analytics team members to identify and understand source data systems; provide resolutions to all data issues and coordinate with the VP of Reporting & Analytics to ensure the line of business validates all requirements, performs interviews with all users to ensure data integrity
- Creates business intelligence dashboards with typography, data visualizations and user experience as the center focus that clearly outline KPIs with visual graphics
- Participate in strategic design, implementation, and maintenance of Business Intelligence software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses.
- Extract and analyze data, patterns, and related trends as needed, with the subsequent ability to synthesize the data into information consumable by organization.
- Serve as the conduit between the VP of Reporting & Analytics and the BI development team
- Provides Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Annual reporting to business with data analysis as required
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting on both personal and team projects
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and meet project deliverable deadlines.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities may be assigned based on business and organization needs.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in MS Excel including writing formulas
- Familiarity in SQL and relational databases
- Dashboard Design skills - transforming data into data visualizations preferably creating BI dashboards using Tableau, Sisense, Power BI or similar BI software
- Financial or Mortgage BI experience is preferred
- Experience as a BI Developer or BI Analyst preferred
- Background or knowledge in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining a plus
- Solid knowledge and understanding of organizing tasks and activities to yield efficient work flow
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a Computer Science or technical field is preferred
- 2+ years’ experience creating user-centered data models, BI dashboards or other technical solutions
- Mortgage and/or Financial BI experience is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Demonstrated experience researching information, problem solving and making solid business decisions
- Demonstrated experience in attention to detail, written and oral communication and working in a team atmosphere adhering to strict deadlines.
If the above job describes you and you’re interested in becoming a part of the Fairway team, please “Apply Now” to complete our application process. Be sure to include a resume with your application.