The Collateral Reporting Specialist is responsible for generating, reviewing, and analyzing internal and external reporting specific to warehouse bank requirements. Communicates with branch and corporate employees in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generates warehouse bank reporting
- Generates internal reporting to track missing closing packages
- Coordinates note shipments and returns daily
- Contacts closers and obtains updates on outstanding packages and offers assistance in expediting the process
- Initiates collateral shipments from the warehouse banks to the investors
- Tracks outstanding closing packages and communicate with the closers in an effort to locate, track and receive packages to meet warehouse bank delivery due dates
- Records and track the information gathered from closers on outstanding packages via daily reporting, warehouse bank summary, and Encompass
- Reviews warehouse bank exception reports and sends documentation to warehouse bank to clear exceptions
- Responds to internal and external requests for updates, details or general information in regards to areas of responsibility
- Works closely with peers in an effort to streamline responsibility and ensure proper communication and documentation of tasks
Non-essential job functions:
- Participates in and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of current business acumen
- Solid knowledge and understanding of customer service and interpersonal best practices
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalency degree
- 2+ years of closing/funding/shipping residential mortgage loans experience preferred or 3 years of office experience
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing relationships with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, written and oral communication, organization, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience in analytical, critical thinking, and research techniques
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products including 10 key
- This position is primarily an in office position
- Normal office environment
- Requires the ability to lift and move files up to 25 lbs.
- Local travel may be required for company or career-related meetings, programs, and/or events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.