The Mailroom Team Lead assists in the day-to-day functions of the Mailroom/Imaging/Inventory Control teams in order to ensure that processes are running efficiently and effectively. Monitors incoming deliveries and outgoing shipments for Collateral. Directs the team to ensure that mail is opened and distributed as quickly as possible. The lead ensures that closing packages are received, inventoried, delivered, scanned, filed and purged timely and accurately depending on FIMC, Warehouse and Investor requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works closely with Collateral Management to maintain daily workflow and resolve loan discrepancies and issues to achieve FIMC’s Service Level Agreements with Warehouse Banks and Investors
- Reviews Reports for any aging and or exception deliverables
- End of the Day Summary Report, provides a daily summary of issues with timeline of correction as applicable.
- Daily Imaging reports to ensure all closing files are scanned timely and resolve any exceptions through documented procedures.
- Provides adhoc reports and/or summaries as requested by management.
- Reviews the File Request Mailbox to ensure Internal SLA is being met
- Researches for any missing packages/documents
- Assigns daily work to offshore vendor
- Trains new hires and provides ongoing training to team members, including system set ups
- Ensures that all shipments are completed by end of day
- Coordinates with Management for any early pick up’s with FIMC’s shipping carrier.
- Works closely with Management and third party vendors to troubleshoot and document issues that occur within the imaging/mailroom processes.
- Proactively provides feedback to Management concerning processes and provides solutions for any deficits to increase efficiency.
- Ensures monthly DBRC testing is completed and results reported
- Endorses notes prior to note shipments to warehouse banks
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of closing documents and imaging processes.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of customer service and interpersonal best practices
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalency degree
- 2+ years of mortgage experience or 3+ years of office experience
- Demonstrated experience in analytical, critical thinking, and research techniques
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing relationships with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, time management, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products
- This position is primarily an in office position
- Normal office environment
- Requires the ability to lift files up to 25 lbs
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time
- Local travel may be required for company or career-related meetings, programs, and/or events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.