The Loan Officer Assistant position provides administrative support to the Branch Manager and Loan Officer(s). Communicates with branch and corporate employees in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate professionally with clients over the phone, in person, and over email.
- Determine the monthly payment and closing requirement goals of the applicant.
- Complete loan applications over the phone or in person, as necessary.
- Educate clients on the mortgage process and applicable loan products.
- Negotiate rates and fees with clients if needed.
- Write purchase pre-approval letters for clients submitting contracts.
- Collect required credit, income and asset documentation.
- Prequalify borrowers by reviewing income and asset documentation (credit report, tax returns, etc.) and running the Automated Underwriting System.
- Send initial electronic disclosures and pre-approval loan packets.
- Lead daily team meetings to share loan file status updates.
- Work independently to find solutions to underwriting, program, and process questions.
- Update checklists.
- Communicate with clients, realtors, title companies, and colleagues to update progress and solve problems.
- Attend client appreciation events and support various prospecting activities.
- Utilize and maintain the team CRM system.
- Assists Loan Officer in preparing preliminary loan packages for processing by obtaining missing documentation and other information from customers
- Provides excellent customer service on inbound and outbound sales calls
- Manages file flow, document receipt tracking, and schedule updates
- Utilizes information gathered by the Mortgage Loan Originator to prequalify customers
- Responds to customers’ general questions regarding policy and procedures in the absence of the Loan Officer
- Works with appraisers to obtain official appraisal
- Updates customers, real estate agents, and titles companies on the loan’s progress
- Coordinates and schedules loans closings
- Maintains the Loan Officers’ customer information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Assists Loan Officers with branch marketing campaigns through mail, email, and internet
- Maintains relationships through regular communication with referral partners
- Performs other administrative tasks, such as faxing, emailing, making telephone calls, to support the Loan Officer
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of organizing people, tasks, and activities to yield efficient work flow
- Solid knowledge and understanding of mortgage servicing best practices
- Solid knowledge and understanding of customer service and interpersonal best practices
- Solid knowledge and understanding of CRM and Marketing portals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Outlook for scheduling
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalency degree
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience with CRM Marketing
- Demonstrated leadership or management experience
- Demonstrated experience researching information, problem solving, and making solid business decisions
- Demonstrated experience reporting, analyzing, interpreting, and critical thinking
- Demonstrated experience with analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and making solid business decisions
- Demonstrated experience producing accurate and detailed work on multiple projects under time pressure
- Demonstrated experience communicating with all levels of management
- Demonstrated experience leading by example to foster relationships within the company and department
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing relationships with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, time management, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products
- Demonstrated experience with high volume data entry
- This position is primarily an in office position
- Normal office environment
- Local travel may be required for company or career-related meetings, programs, and/or events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.