The Loan Officer Assistant position provides administrative support to the Branch Manager and Loan Officer(s). Works with both existing and prospective clients to identify the best mortgage solution to meet their individual goals. Communicates with branch and corporate employees in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicates loan approval by sending pre-approval/commitment letters to all parties involved in transaction.
- Responsible for once a week status calls to all parties involved in transaction (Clients, Realtors, Builder, etc.).
- Tracks and manages new leads and follows up on referral business.
- Sends out correspondence – Thank you cards, Closing Cost Calculators, etc.
- Coordinate Closing details with Client – Final Payment, rate, Cash to Close, etc.
- Assist the Loan Officer with other administrative and/or sales duties as needed.
- Solve escrow issues.
- Consistently exceed borrower expectations and Realtor/Builder expectations.
- Set up file using the loan officer checklist and turn into processing.
- Review all closing statements and compare to signed GFE before signings and correct discrepancies.
- Assist Loan Officer with call backs to prospects that need a phone consult prior to a face to face meeting.
- Re disclose all new loans when there is a change of circumstance.
- Attend all loan reviews.
- Assists Loan Officer in preparing preliminary loan packages for processing by obtaining missing documentation and other information from customers
- Provides excellent customer service on inbound and outbound sales calls
- Manages file flow, document receipt tracking, and schedule updates
- Utilizes information gathered by the Mortgage Loan Originator to prequalify customers
- Responds to customers’ general questions regarding policy and procedures in the absence of the Loan Officer
- Works with appraisers to obtain official appraisal
- Updates customers, real estate agents, and titles companies on the loan’s progress
- Coordinates and schedules loans closings
- Maintains the Loan Officers’ customer information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Assists Loan Officers with branch marketing campaigns through mail, email, and internet
- Maintains relationships through regular communication with referral partners
- Performs other administrative tasks, such as faxing, emailing, making telephone calls, to support the Loan Officer
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of organizing people, tasks, and activities to yield efficient work flow
- Solid knowledge and understanding of mortgage servicing best practices
- Solid knowledge and understanding of customer service and interpersonal best practices
- Solid knowledge and understanding of CRM and Marketing portals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Outlook for scheduling
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalency degree
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in DU/DO, LP, & major Origination systems
- Demonstrated leadership or management experience
- Demonstrated experience researching information, problem solving, and making solid business decisions
- Demonstrated experience reporting, analyzing, interpreting, and critical thinking
- Demonstrated experience with analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and making solid business decisions
- Demonstrated experience producing accurate and detailed work on multiple projects under time pressure
- Demonstrated experience communicating with all levels of management
- Demonstrated experience leading by example to foster relationships within the company and department
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing relationships with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, time management, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products
- Demonstrated experience with high volume data entry
- This position is primarily an in office position
- Normal office environment
- Local travel may be required for company or career-related meetings, programs, and/or events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.